Conditions of Payment
Full rental payment required to secure booking. Must be paid by bank deposit, debit/credit card 24 hours before the date of hire.
In the event of a cancellation, Jet Junkies Limited will issue a Jetski Hire gift voucher of equivalent value, which entitles the Hirer to priority reschedule, valid for 12 months (Gift vouchers not redeemable for cash). If this is not acceptable to the Hirer, a cancellation charge of 50% of rental payment, excluding insurance bond(s) will apply.
- (a) Minimum age of 18 years to operate watercraft(s).
- (b) Maximum passenger loading including skipper is 2 persons.
- (c) Maximum speed of 5 knots within 200m of shoreline.
- (d) Maximum speed of 5 knots within 50 metres of other vessels or persons.
- (e) Maximum speed of 5 knots within 200 metres of blue & white dive flag.
- (f) Wristband key / kill switch must be worn by skipper at all times whilst watercraft(s) is operating.
- (g) Driver and passengers must all be wearing approved life vests while using the watercraft(s).
- (h) Must have an observer (minimum 10 years of age) on the watercraft(s) if towing skier or ski tube.
- (i) The watercraft(s) must not be used in water shallower than 1 metre or damage to the hull, engine, impellers or associated workings for the jet unit will be the sole responsibility of the hirer.
- (j) Watercraft(s) must not operate within the hours of darkness.
- (k) The watercraft(s) will not be used by intoxicated persons or persons taking judgment impairing substances during the hire period.
- (l) The Hirer will exercise proper care and diligence for the security of the watercraft(s) and will do nothing to jeopardize any insurance claims that may arise while the watercraft(s) and equipment is in the Hirer’s care.
- (m) The watercraft(s) must be driven by or under direct instruction by the Hirer who signed for it.
- (n) The Hirer does not have any medical conditions that would affect his/hers ability to safely
- operate the watercraft(s).
Breach of Law and Regulations
- (a) The Hirer shall be responsible for any costs resulting from breaches of Maritime Laws, Vehicle Laws or Regulations including traffic and parking fines.
- (b) Discretion Jet Junkies Ltd reserves the right to remove the watercraft(s) & equipment from the Hirer’s possession or exchange it at any time at Jet Junkies Ltd discretion.
Damage and Accidents
Should the watercrafts(s) and equipment be involved in an accident or sustain loss while on loan, Jet Junkies Ltd must be informed immediately. The following steps must be taken:
- (a) Inform the police if passengers or others are injured.
- (b) Obtain the name and address of the driver of any other vehicles involved and the name and address of the insurance company.
- (c) Obtain the name and address of any witnesses.
- (d) Make no other statements and do not admit liability for the accident, as per insurance practice.
- Indemnity and Insurance
- (a) Insurance on the watercraft(s) will be provided by Jet Junkies Ltd.
- (b) In the event of an accident, the Hirer will complete any insurance forms required by Jet Junkies Ltd and will cooperate fully for any insurance purposes and for any third party claims made against Jet Junkies Ltd.
- (c) The Hirer indemnifies Jet Junkies Ltd (and its Directors) from all claims of whatever nature that may result from the hire of the equipment.
- (d) The Hirer shall be responsible for any costs resulting from breaches from Maritime Laws, Vehicle Laws or Regulations including traffic and parking fines.